Information on the free software for viewing and printing electronic remittance advice (ERA)
First Coast Service Options Inc. (First Coast) wants to make your job as a Medicare Part A or Part B provider as easy as possible. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has made available free software for providers that sign up for ERA: PC-Print for Part A and Medicare remit easy print (MREP) for Part B. You can find the software on the First Coast Medicare provider website. The software enables you to view and print ERA by importing health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPAA) 835 files received from First Coast. After importing the files, you may print the ERA in a format similar to standard paper remittance (SPR) or view it on screen, directly through the applicable software.
You can view the information several ways using the PC-Print software, which is designed to produce one of four print versions of data contained in an 835, including:
- Option 1: The all claims (AC) screen, which displays 835 data in a manner similar to the format and content of a standard paper remit (SPR).
- Option 2: The single claim (SC) screen, which provides a detailed summary of data from a single claim.
- Option 3: The bill type summary (SB) screen, which provides a summary of claims billed for each type of bill (TOB), for each provider number, and for each fiscal year (FY).
- Option 4: The provider payment summary (PS) screen, regardless of the TOB or fiscal year end (FYE).
Access the article titled Introduction to PC-Print Medicare Part A for additional information on how to install and access the software.
You can view the information several ways using the MREP software, including:
- Entire remittance report – ERA format similar to the SPR
- Tabbed information view – Six tabs to choose from to narrow the ERA information to only what is needed by the provider
- Special reports – Five reports to choose from to obtain specific ERA information
Access the Medicare Remit Easy Print User Guide for how to install and access the software.
Note: Please complete the electronic data interchange (EDI) enrollment form prior to downloading the free software if you currently submit your claims electronically but are not set up for electronic remittance advice.
How do you get the free software?
- For Part A providers, download PC-Print software.
- For Part B providers, download MREP software.
After reviewing the guides, if you still need assistance with signing up for ERA and using the software, contact First Coast’s electronic data interchange (EDI) department at (888) 670-0940.